james-server-user mailing list archives

From "John Saxton" <tha...@hotmail.com>
Subject documentation & configuration
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 20:50:06 GMT
Hi,

I've recently downloaded James binary & source & am trying to get myself
acquainted with it.

Although there is some good documentation around, I can't seem to find
answers to some of my questions (apologies if I haven't looked hard
enough/spent enough time reading up on general ideas)

So,

Is there a general overview of how the different services work together -
the process of receiving mail, putting it onto spools & subsequent
processing?

I looked through the posting archives, but couldn't find an answer to the
following question - is it possible to have multiple James instances running
& have each instance responsible for a predetermined clump of users?

Is there accessible documentation on Phoenix? Since Avalon is closed, I
couldn't find a source of information on it.

I'm looking to try & get James up & running locally in a usable manner (Only
got it running in a test configuration so far) and possibly to work on the
code. The above requested information would help me greatly in this.

Thanks,

John