james-server-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: James with watchdog
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2007 11:56:34 GMT
useryu ha scritto:
> I use a script to run James with Watchdog(a monitor software to prevent it
> crashed), It works properly, But sometimes after I restart the James, it
> takes all the system memory. I login to the remote control panel, use
> memstat to watch the memory useage, it shows only 800M used by James. I use
> "TOP" command to watch, it shows the Java thread running the James takes 3G
> momory. Can this be a problem of the watchdog? Here is the start script.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p11775685/run.sh run.sh

If I understand it, your script first launches the new instance, then
kills the old one. I think this is not good at all, as the new instance
will not be able to bind.

That said it should be really simple to see if this is the real problem
or not: do you see a single JAMES using 3G or are there more than 1
JAMES in memory?

Stefano