james-server-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Opening SMTP
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 07:53:23 GMT
Renen Watermeyer ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I have been sending mail locally from a James server for a couple of years.
> I want to up the ante and send mail remotely - that is, from random
> computers located randomly on the internet. No, not spam: normal, user
> driven email.

Do you want JAMES to act as MX server for your domain? Or do you simply
want to enable an Authenticated-users only mail submission service?

The first is the default for JAMES Server, so simply revert changes you
did to remove the receiving part.

Unfortunately as soon as you'll accept mail for a domain you will also
receive spam. You can try enabling online blacklists and bayes filters,
but this will only help a bit.

Stefano