james-server-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: documentation & configuration
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:37:31 GMT
John Saxton ha scritto:
>> > I looked through the posting archives, but couldn't find an answer to
>> > the following question - is it possible to have multiple James
>> instances
>> > running & have each instance responsible for a predetermined clump of
>> > users?
>>
>> users or domains?
>> Try explaining better what you expect/you're trying to achieve and I'll
>> try to give you an hint.
>
> Is it possible to have multiple james instance servicing one domain,
> with the users divided between the James instances? I suspect it is, but
> not sure whether this is immediately configurable.
> What approach would you take to get this configuration running?

This is not supported. Depending on the details it can be done via
configuration or programmatically.

E.g:

Then before the HostIsLocal+LocalDelivery you use
RecipientIsRegex+RemoteDelivery to check if the recipient is for the
other server. In this case you have a custom remotedelivery (with its
own spool, separated from the outgoin) that deliver mails to the other
JAMES server (you can use the gateway configuration).

The same thing can be done in the other server.

Otherwise you can also use the ToRepository to place mails in a given
repository instead of using the RemoteDelivery and move the mail via SMTP.

Stefano