james-server-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: James Server exists abnormally and can not startup
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 08:27:22 GMT
maomaode ha scritto:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> I did install 2.3.1, but i used the 2.3.0 configuration files.
> Will that cause problems?

Yes, make sure to replace the environment.xml in the apps/james/SAR-INF
folder.
------------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<server>

  <!-- Overrides the default behaviour of phoenix that use "." as dir -->
  <!-- and /SAR-INF/lib/*.jar as include resulting in a full scan -->
  <!-- of the james folder and very slow startup when there are a lot of -->
  <!-- messages in var -->
  <!-- -->
  <classloaders default="default" version="1.0">
    <classloader name="default" parent="*system*">
      <entry location="./SAR-INF/classes" />
      <fileset dir="./SAR-INF/lib">
        <include name="*.jar" />
      </fileset>
    </classloader>
    <predefined name="*system*" />
  </classloaders>
----------------

This is the key to solve your problem. (as you can see in the changelog
: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=526796 . Note that
james-server.xml is renamed to environment.xml when packaging the sar)

> Actually the server was running for days, and suddenly crashed.

The crash should not be related in any way with this problem.
The loop that was causing a big delay at startup for 2.3.0 is only run
once at startup and simply enumerate any file under the apps/james folder.

> I don't know which log file should i look into?
>
> I can reinstall the James Server, but that's the last choice i would
> like to take.
>
> Thanks,
> mmao

You're welcome,