james-server-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: server build
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:38:33 GMT
Paulo Sergio ha scritto:
> if you do that you will be my Heroe!! :)
> i already build it using ant... it works but i just discover maven a few
> months ago and i'm just amazed with what it can do!! maven is a great
> development tool!

I just committed the needed files.
Let me know if it works for you.

Please note that you will find 2 different imaps in trunk.
imapserver-function is the "old" version.
the other imap* folders are the new modularized version.

Also consider that this is work in progress by Robert, so if you start
playing with this you should consider subscribing the server-dev list
and get in touch with Robert.

Furthermore, I have to write a disclaimer to be sure you know this and
to not make Noel angry.
M2 is not *the* JAMES Server build tool: you are discouraged using it to
create jars. The m2 build is currently limited to build jars and test
them, it does not build the sar, neither package phoenix in the
application. The main purpose of the m2 build is to be able to build the
website and the website reports.

That said, if you encounter problems with m2 build I'll be happy to help
as I also use it from time to time and I'd like to keep it up to date
with the ant build while Robert goes through his refactoring.

Stefano