james-server-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Transfer encoding behavior
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:31:56 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Seems so.. without the Addheader the ä ist gone ?!?!
>
> ITs really strange . isnt it ?

Ok, I found the problem. We miss to call a "saveChanges" on the message
before sending it to the remoteDelivery, but we fix its headers if the
remote server does not support 8bitmime (maybe this is your scenario).

Furthermore, the mail command you use, does not support non 7bit
messages. In fact it does not add any header about message encoding
while sending 8bit content. This is not a correct thing, but if you
submit the message to the AddHeader it is parsed by javamail that
understand it is not 7bit content and convert it to your system default
(iso-8859-15) and save it.

I reopened the 8bitmime issue (again) because we should handle this
"unlikely" scenario too.

Hope to commmit a patch soon.

>>> maurer@debbox:~$