james-server-user mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: Could not send mail !!!
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:53:51 GMT

You have SMTP AUTH enabled but also have not set correct domains for james
to know what is destined for local users, meaning that anyone wanting to
send to a local user (for which you don;t want to require auth) cannot be
distinguished from someone wanting to relay to another external
destination, for which AUTH is required.

update the servernames nodes of config.xml

|         |           robert.skubij@poc|
|         |           zta.fm           |
|         |           18/04/2005 21:42 |
|         |           "James Users     |
|         |           List"            |

  |       To:       server-user@james.apache.org
                                        |
  |       cc:
                                        |
  |       Subject:  Could not send mail !!!

What is this?
Why I can't send mail from any host to James:
530 Authentication required (in reply to RCPT command)?

In config.xml SMTP Auth is set.

viruses.