james-server-user mailing list archives

From <vachevil-ba...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: fetchmail from GMail with SSL
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:04:24 GMT
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information.
I have managed to connect to GMail and download my emails.

There are however a few changes.

1/ you need to use javamail 1.3.2+ and not 1.3.1 as shipped with james 2.2.1-RC1
2/ you need to replace mail-1.3.1.jar in james.sar with the 1.3.2, I've used winzip to do
it.
3/ fetchmail needs to be configured like this:
    <host>pop.gmail.com</host>
    <javaMailProviderName>pop3s</javaMailProviderName>
    <javaMailProperties>
        <property name="port" value="995"/>
    </javaMailProperties>

and the account:
    <account
	user="XXXXX@gmail.com"
        password="abcdef"
	recipient="user1@localhost"
	ignorercpt-header="true"/>

However, I still receive the same error:
Message could not be delivered due to an error determining the remote domain.

Is there really nothing that I could do to fix this one????

Best regards

Benoit