james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Mag Gam" <mag0...@myfastmail.com>
Subject Re: Mail Relay Problems
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:28:11 GMT
When I send an email to user@domain.com I get this message.

<user@domain.com>: host mail01.domain.com[domain.ip.address] said:
    550 - Requested action not taken: relaying denied (in reply to RCPT
    command)

Now, if I do ping domain.com I get a good response, I can even do a
"host domain.com". I do have the MX server specified in our DNS service
(netsolutions.com). I don't know how to test that, but I specified it.

As for the changes, in the config.xml file I DID edit the dnsserver
section to DNS server of what the mail server is using. Should I use
other DNS server? I don't think I have changed anything else. Any more
questions please let me know

Thanks!