james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Marcello Marangio" <m.maran...@tno.it>
Subject Is James Thread Safe?
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 14:02:59 GMT
Hi all.
I am developing a certified mail server with james.
The mailet reads the security information (i.e. X509 signing certificates)
from a java keystore. I want to use a standard PKCS11 interface to get the
certificates from an HSM we are about to buy, but at the moment I am testing
the pkcs11 interface with a smart card reader.
I am using IAIK to handle the security infos.
Everithing works fine so far.

This is the scenario; now the question...

Do I have to worry about synchronizing accesses from multiple threads to the
security device?

In other words: Is James Thread Safe?

Furthermore, is anyone using an HSM? Any suggestion/advice about that?

Thanks a million

Marcello Marangio
Tecnopolis CSATA Novus Ortus s.c.r.l.
Divisione Tecnologie & Sistemi