james-server-user mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: mailet calls
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:22:39 GMT

>            If I want to make call a mailet, only when james first starts
up, where would
> I put my mailet script in the config.xml file?

It is not clear what you want to do, but...
If you want a method to only be called when James starts the spool manager
(might not always only be at James startup) put it in a mailets init()
method use only one instance of that mailet and put it in a processor which
is never used.

If you want this method to only ever be called once during the life of the
VM write a singleton to control the call and use mailet.init to make the
call.

d.

viruses.