james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Perry" <d.pe...@netcase.co.uk>
Subject RE: Basic JAMES questions
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 09:55:49 GMT
As it stands, your mail server is on whatever domain you pointed to:
63.198.128.215.

The issues you ask except no 4 are all domain name related, and nothing to
do with james.  James is on that IP address.  Any domain names you point to
that IP address can be used to access james.

As for number 4 you want to set james in the config to accept mail for the
kingdomrpg.com it's the domain list section.

You can access pop and smtp at : 63.198.128.215  (no name as you need to do
that with your domain name)

If you want to use pop/smtp/mail/etc .kingdomrpg.com for the server, you
need to set up an "A" name record with your nameserver, pointing
mail.kingdomrpg.com to 63.198.128.215.  Same for smtp/pop.  Of course there
is no need to do this... you just use 63.198.128.215 as the smtp server/pop
server address in your client. Or you can

One thing you MUST do to accept mail for your real domain is to set up an MX
record.  Set the MX record with your dns to e.g. mail.kingdomrpg.com then an
A record for mail.kingdomrpg.com to 63.198.128.215.

Hope that clears it up a bit for you.

Daniel.