james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Perry" <d.pe...@netcase.co.uk>
Subject RE: Want to make james mailing list dynamic
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 11:00:45 GMT
I'm trying to clarify my idea before i start coding it.  I've been looking
at the source code of various parts of james, and i reckon i can reuse some
of the JDBCListServ and a lot of the CommandListServ.

I expect to create a mailing list mailet that uses a database table for
lists (with their settings, the list email address, and the command list
email address), and a database table for list subscribers and their
settings.

The maillet will have a companion matcher that recognise list mails by
looking for matching list addresses, or list command addresses in the first
table.

The mailet will then either send the message out to subscribers, or process
the command depending on which mail address it matches.

I expect to implement subscribe/unsunscribe/etc commands for users to use
themselves, but also to provide a web app that manipulates the database
directly.

The web app would provide management facilites for the lists, but also
management of subscribers.  Lists might be configured (indiviually) to not
have a list command server, so only the web app could be used.

I havnt had much time to work on this due to a heavy workload, but hopefully
this will ease off later in the summer, and i will have a chance to have a
go at implementing it.

Daniel.