james-server-user mailing list archives

From Glen <glenl...@model3.net>
Subject Re: using James to queue outgoing mail and forward to another smtp server
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:56:12 GMT
One good turn deserves another...  Having taken Noel's suggestions there
are these lines in the vanilla config.xml that you need to uncomment the
<gateway> and <gatewayPort> entries and put in the correct entries for
your ISP.  Of course if you have drastically modfied your setup from teh
vanilla configs you will know how to appropriately apply this ;-)

         <!-- Attempt remote delivery using the specified repository for
the spool, -->
         <!-- using delay time to retry delivery and the maximum number
of retries -->
         <mailet match="All" class="RemoteDelivery">
            <outgoing> file://var/mail/outgoing/ </outgoing>
            <!-- alternative database repository example below -->
. . .
            <!-- A single mail server to deliver all outgoing messages. -->
            <!-- This is useful if this server is a backup or failover
machine, -->
            <!-- or if you want all messages to be routed through a
particular mail server, -->
            <!-- regardless of the email addresses specified in the
message -->
            <!-- -->
            <!-- The gateway element specifies the gateway SMTP server
name. -->
            <!-- If your gateway mail server is listening on a port
other than 25, -->
            <!-- you can set James to connect to it on that port using
the gatewayPort -->
            <!-- element. -->
            <!--
            <gateway> otherserver.mydomain.com </gateway>
            <gatewayPort>25</gatewayPort>
            -->
         </mailet>

      </processor>