james-server-user mailing list archives

From Glen <glenl...@model3.net>
Subject using James to queue outgoing mail and forward to another smtp server
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 01:30:14 GMT
Hello James User List,
I am managing 300 kiosks that has quite a robust notification system
that uses email.  The only hole in it is their must be a good internet
connection to the central smtp server for the "robust" emails to go out.

What I want to do is setup james on each of these kiosks to act as a
local smtp server forwarding all mail to the "central" smtp server.
This way it will queue when the network is down.

I have looked into the docs and played with an installation but cannot
find where to start.  Can someone push/nudge me in the right direction?

regards,
Glen

PS I also want to make sure that outgoing smtp services are "locked"
down so the kiosks down become spam distribution points ;-)     Please
share ideas on how best to do this as well...