james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Brian J. Sayatovic" <t...@one.net>
Subject Re: mailet calls
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 00:57:14 GMT
jaysheel bhavsar wrote:

>	If I want to make call a mailet, only when james first starts up, where would
>I put my mailet script in the config.xml file?
>For additional commands, e-mail: server-user-help@james.apache.org
XML has this ability built in.  Check out the JAmes config.xml itself.
It can start out with a DOCTYPE declaration that declares a new entity
to be the content of another file.  For example:

    <!DOCTYPE config [
        <!ENTITY fetchmailConfig SYSTEM

Then, later in the same XML file, you reference the "entity" like this:

So now you have some rudimentary control.  If you wanted to control it
via a script, you could echo some variables form a batch to teh file
you're entity declaration references before the XML file is read.