james-server-user mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Using James with IIS
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:51:02 GMT
MJ Kahn wrote:
> The date stamp of James's Outgoing directory doesn't
> change when I load that ASP page. Does that mean that
> the CDONTS object isn't talking to James at all?

MJ,

This is really a question for MIcrosoft help site.  My favorite was
always 15seconds.com.  JAMES is an SMTP server, so pretty most current
components should work.

Maybe it was CDO or some other MS hack technology that would use your
windows profile to send messages... so it was effectively sending it
through your email client on your server.  There should be newer
components though (if that is the case with CDO) that do talk SMTP.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501