james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Frederick N. Brier" <fbr...@multideck.com>
Subject JVM exiting abnormally
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 02:42:05 GMT
I am about a week or two away from needing to learn and integrate James
into my project and happened to get an Informit email about an article
on James.  So I jumped in and started with 2.1.3, but then realized
there was a release candidate and tried the same thing with 2.2.0RC5.
Here is my question and maybe it isn't a problem, since no one else has
complained about it on the mailing list.  I start the server in a W2K
command window (run.bat).  I telnet to 4555 and issue a "shutdown"
command.  James shuts down with the message, "JVM exiting abnormally.
Shutting down Phoenix."  Is that normal?  "exiting abnormally" doesn't
make me feel good.  Am I doing something wrong?

Frederick N. Brier