james-server-user mailing list archives

From Blake Watson <d...@pacbell.net>
Subject RE: Basic JAMES questions
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:46:06 GMT
> Hope that clears it up a bit for you.

Actually, yes, it helps a lot. I set up a client to send e-mail out
through just the IP, and that works. But I'm not receiving any, no
matter what I do. So I can pursue the docs for this and not worry that
I've got the addressing wrong.

On the DNS issue, is there a place where a guy, "a regular joe like
myself", should go to let the world (i.e., the world's DNS servers)
know that the IP for his domain has changed? I assume my current hosts
will do this but this has always baffled me.

I could run my own DNS as well, but it seems like overkill.