james-server-user mailing list archives

From Blake Watson <d...@pacbell.net>
Subject RE: Basic JAMES questions
Date Sat, 12 Jun 2004 03:02:43 GMT
OK, thanks for all the info on DNSes and such. I'm digesting and
deciphering.

My current problem, I guess, then, is that I can send e-mail from my
James installation but not receive it.

OK, digging through the mail folder, I see all the messages I sent to
myself. In the SPAM folder. lol

So, I dig through the help and it says to add my IPs and domains to
the mailet matcher so that they're not IDed as spam.

The first place I find to change this is in this section:

      <!-- The root processor is a required processor - James routes
all mail on the spool -->
      <!-- through this processor first. -->
      <!-- -->

This is in there:

         <!-- <mailet match="SenderInFakeDomain" class="ToProcessor">
-->
         <!--    <processor> spam </processor>
-->
         <!-- </mailet>
-->
         -->

And I add:

         <mailet
match="RemoteAddrNotInNetwork=127.0.0.1,192.168.*.*,63.198.128.215,kin
gdomrpg.com"
            class="ToProcessor">
            <processor> spam </processor>
         </mailet>

Everything still goes to spam, though. So I take out the
"SenderInFakeDomain" thing, no change. Then I take out my addition, no
change. So I figure I'm in the wrong place.

The next section I look at is here:

<!-- If you are using SMTP authentication then you can (and generally
-->
<!-- should) disable this matcher/mailet pair. -->

I go through the same steps as above, and again nothing changes,
except that if I take everything out, the messages no longer go to the
spam folder. They just vanish.

	Gah!