james-server-user mailing list archives

From MJ Kahn <mjkahn2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using James with IIS
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:32:49 GMT
I've installed James on Windows 2000, set up a user,
and can use Outlook Express to send and receive email.

I have IIS (web service, not SMTP service) running on
the same machine. I have an ASP page that creates a
CDONTS.NewMail object and attempts to send a message
using it. I get no errors in the browser, the Win2K
Event Log, the IIS log, or James's logs when I load
that page, but the message doesn't get sent.

The date stamp of James's Outgoing directory doesn't
change when I load that ASP page. Does that mean that
the CDONTS object isn't talking to James at all?

I'm new to James, and to email servers in general. Any
suggestions for resources that might help?

Thanks,

MJ.