james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Webb" ...@inovem.com>
Subject RE: Using James with IIS
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:28:35 GMT

CDO is normally meant for use with Exchange (Collaborative Data Objects) and
includes things for calandering etc as well as mail.
It (CDO) was also a complete mess last time I used it. Now we just use raw
port connections and talk SMTP directly to the server.
This is fine as we only send text based emails in this instance.
It might talk to a plain SMTP server (James), but you will be better served
by using components that talk pure SMTP.