james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: FetchMail
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:00:03 GMT
Pieter Jacobs wrote:

Your mail is being deleted from your ISP's POP3 server because, as indicated
in my previous response, you have all of fetchmails 'leaveonserver=' options
set to "false". They should be set to "true".

If you look in the fetchmail logs in .\apps\james\logs you will see what has
been happening. Make the change and you will see the difference.

You will also have to define users to James via the remote console, that is
'pjac', 'mad', 'fred' and 'fails' so that there is a POP3 mailbox on James
for their mails to be delivered to. Finally, your email client needs to be
configured to fetch mail from those mailboxes using the passwords used when
defining them to James.

If that doesn't work, examine the other logs in the aforementioned
directories for clues.

-- Steve