james-server-user mailing list archives

From "J Malcolm" <techst...@malcolms.com>
Subject Restricting List Server Sending
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:47:50 GMT
I am setting up the Avalon-based list server.  I see one of the options
is to restrict that only members of the list can send to the list.
That's fine.  But I need even more restriction.  I want only one or two
email addresses to be able to send to the list.  (Basically it's a
one-way notification list).

I believe I can set it up in the matcher/mailet chain where notes from
non-authorized addresses will get canned.  But is that the best way
(i.e. using an IsSender matcher).  Or is there a way inside the list
processor to restrict senders more than just the list-member option?

Surely, I'm not the first person that's had this requirement.  I just
don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks.