james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Rupert Young" <rup...@liberty.nildram.co.uk>
Subject RE: Could not connect to SMTP host
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:45:35 GMT

My apologies, I am ignorant of DNS servers.  What are they, what do they
do, how does James use them, how do I check what DNS servers I use in my
machine?

Regards,
Rupert

-----Original Message-----
From: Serge Knystautas [mailto:sergek@lokitech.com]
Sent: 06 June 2004 22:01
To: James Users List
Subject: Re: Could not connect to SMTP host

You're supposed to configure James to use DNS servers to query, not what

your domain is set to.  I tried to query those 3 DNS servers and was
refused for all of them.  I presume they're only configured to respond
to domains that they host and are not meant to be DNS servers that you
would configure in your machine.

This has nothing to do with your domain... check what DNS servers you
use in your machine.

--
Serge Knystautas
Lokitech >> software . strategy . design >> http://www.lokitech.com p.