james-server-user mailing list archives

From "J Malcolm" <techst...@malcolms.com>
Subject 2 Instances of James with single sql db?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:01:58 GMT
Is there any potential problem with running two instances of James on
different boxes to the same mail db (jdbc)?  I'm moving my domain from
one box with one IP address to another box with another IP address in
the same rack (unfortunately I can't just move the IP address to the new
box).  To minimize problems during the DNS propagation time, I'd like to
set up James on both boxes to use the same common jdbc db.  Can that be
done?  Or are the two spoolers going to fight with each other?

Suggestions?

Thanks.