james-server-user mailing list archives

From "B. Buecking" <bryan.bueck...@mediamines.com>
Subject RE: Could not connect to SMTP host (Oh yes I can!!)
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 14:33:03 GMT
> I tried your method but the service stopped right away, maybe with the
> same problem. Are there log files?

The log files will be generated by James if the service attempted to start.
Since the service stopped right away, the ImagePath registry value under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\James Mail is possibly
pointing to the wrong location.  ImagePath = <directory>\srvany.exe

If log files were generated after you attempted to start James via
services.msc, then the service is setup correctly.

> How do I remove the services?

> 3. Open Regedit (Start->run->Type "regedit") and browse to the James
> Mail Service Key.
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\James Mail

If you delete the key above you remove the James Mail service from the
services control panel.  Remember to take all necessary precautions when
deleting key in the registry.

Bryan Buecking

---