james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: too large msg and error msg.
Date Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:57:12 GMT
> What I'm looking for is a way to remove attached files of the original
> mail only if the error reason is a too big mail according to
> maxmessagesize.

That is a catch-22.  JavaMail can't load the entire message into memory
because it is too big.  JavaMail can't edit unless it can load the entire
message into memory.  For the immediate term, the solution is to increase
the heap.  For the intermediate term, a solution is to moderate the use of
JavaMail to reduce the times when it wants to load the message.  For the
longer term, the solution is to repair or replace JavaMail.

	--- Noel