james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Connecting to james from outside
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:03:07 GMT
> > we cannot expose JMX without security.
> > That was a problem in an earlier release.

> Good point.

> Since Marco is proposing using an applet, a simple solution would be to
> use the webserver security configuration to protect access to the page
> containing the applet.

What is to prevent someone from someone from running the applet on their
local system, and pointing it at an arbitrary James server?

> The JMX Remote API spec, JSR 160 does include security features and MX4J
> does include a section on using a JMXAuthenticator.

> I don't know if it is easy to use this via Phoenix but I can take a
> closer look if we agree on a JMX based approach.

Let's be sure to coordinate this with the Avalon folks to make sure that
what we need is supported by the container.  We should probably move the JMX
discussion to server-dev, but I know that Stephen McConnell monitors both

	--- Noel