james-server-user mailing list archives

From Ray Tran <...@westhawk.co.uk>
Subject Re: pop3 fast, but sometimes slow
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 10:12:53 GMT
I use kmail/kde3.1 at home, and I have noticed exactly the same variable
performance. If I use a different mail client to the same servers, then
the performance is consistently quick. I don't know why kmail is inconsistent,
and my colleague who is a KDE developer can't explain it either but it is.
Incidentally the servers I use are at a variety of locations, and probably
a variety of different types of server - but kmail is always the same.

I suggest you try another client just to verify where the performance issues are,
then go back to kmail if there are features you can't live without. Personally
I think kmail has enough features that I can live with the quirks :-)

--
Ray Tran
Java Software Engineer