james-server-user mailing list archives

From Hut Carspecken <hutson.carspec...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Disconnect between JAMES and MySQL
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 15:43:19 GMT
Good Morning,

Last night Sudip and I had a problem with the following error.

Server connection failure during transaction. Due to underlying exception: 'java.sql.SQLException:
Invalid authorization specification,  message from server: "Access denied for user: 'root@1.2.3.4'
(Using password: YES)"'.

Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.

We are running James 2.2.0a8 on a Dual Xeon server and MySQL on another Dual Xeon server,
both
running RedHat 9.0 + Linux.  We loaded 100,000 users into MySQL and hope to get some metrics
ASAP.

Now, we have examined the permissions to the username and password, but no luck.  Has anyone
seen
this error before?  Both servers are behind the same firewall.