james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: pop3 issue on specific message
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:51:01 GMT
> Nothing shows up in the logs in terms of exceptions.  The only thing I
> do see is a stop() from james when the disconnect happens, but I
> haven't been able to figure out what is generating it.

There is only one way to get a stop() in the log.  POP3Handler.parseCommand
has to return false.  There are two ways for that to happen:

  1. in.readLine() == QUIT
  2. in.readline() == null

An exception will not cause that to happen.

I don't like something that I see in the code.  It appears to have the same
bug that we fixed earlier in SMTPHandler.  It is relying upon a
BufferedReader, which can lead to problems due to CRLF handling.
BufferedReader should be replaced by CRLFTerminatedReader.  I don't know if
that would fix your problem, but it might.

If I do a private build, do I have your permission to e-mail a SAR to you
for testing?

	--- Noel