james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Means" <cme...@intfar.com>
Subject RE: An ethic question
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 02:25:16 GMT
Even if it's encrypted, you're the mail administrator...you'd know how to
decrypt it.

I think it's taken as a given that Administrators have to be trusted to not
poke around in peoples files or email...unless they've got good/valid/legal
reasons to do so.

Except for ultra secure services where the user has an additional
password/encryption mechanism, I'd think there probably isn't a mail server
around where the Admin couldn't look at the raw message.  Maybe I'm wrong...

My 0.02c

-Chris