james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Using Cryptix within a mailet
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 15:30:28 GMT
Diego,

This is a question best raised with Avalon, and CC'd to James.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Diego Castillo [mailto:diego.castillo@inexbee.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 10:39
To: james-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Using Cryptix within a mailet

Hi all,

I am trying to use cryptix Security Provider within a mailet. I am
having trouble with the Phoenix JRE, which is not the same as the JRE of
a standalone application.

In a standalone application I need to modify
JRE/lib/security/java.security in order to add the CryptixCrypto
Security Provider. I copy the cryptix .jar file to JRE/lib/ext as well.

This does not work with James. I need to include the cryptix .jar file
inside my james.sar file, and I need to register the CryptixCrypto
Security Provider programmatically.

Why are my JRE settings being ignored within Phoenix?
Is there another way to add a Security Provider for a mailet?

The only Security Providers that I get by default are: SUN, SunJSSE,
SunRsaSign and SunJGSS. This does not correspond to my java.security
file. Which one is being used? My JVM is Sun 1.4.1_01 under W2K SP3.

Regards,

Diego