james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Creating/Adding/Changing User (Password)
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 06:20:49 GMT
> >Your code isn't running within an Avalon container.

> What do you mean? Sorry, I don't know about Avalon I just
> add whatever jars it needs to compile.

James is made up of components that run in a container architecture, similar
to how web apps run inside of a Servlet container.  You cannot just execute
the classes outside of the proper environment.

> > Please look at proposals/rmi-remotemanager for an alternative
> > approach that allows you to run code external to Avalon.

> Where can I get the proposal/rmi-remotemanager? I went to
> the site and read the javadocs but couldn't find it. Is it
> available along James?

It is in the CVS, and out to be in the source distribution.  It is not part
of the standard binary distribution.

	--- Noel