james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini" <vincenzo.gianferrarip...@praxis.it>
Subject RE: James Newbie Question On Alias Management
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 12:47:48 GMT
The "list" solution is good if your need is to have a message sent to a single "static" address
be resent to several "dynamic" addresses (one-to-many mapping); if you need instead to have
several dynamic addresses being remapped to a single dynamic address (many-to-one) you can
manage alias entries in the users table (JamesUsersJdbcRepository).

I'm using both techniques programmatically through a JDBC program and it works fine.

Remember, if using the JamesUsersJdbcRepository technique and an account uses also forwarding
(setting the useForwarding flag and the forwardDestination field), remember to set them not
only for the main account row but also for all the alias rows (this forwarding is not recursive).
Probably the JDBCVirtualUserTable technique would avoid that need, but I haven't examined
that solution.

Hope it helps,

Vincenzo