james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Caum" <st...@caumfamily.com>
Subject RE: James Newbie Question On Alias Management
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 16:29:18 GMT
Jack,

Not to go pulling you down another direction or anything, but I had a
similar need for my application.  I solved it like this:
         <mailet match="RecipientIs=support@mydomain.com"
class="Redirect">

<recipients>person1@mydomain.com,person2@mydomain.com</recipients>
            <replyto>sender</replyto>
            <inline>unaltered</inline>
            <static>true</static>
         </mailet>

It's kind-a hard coded, in that you have to change the config.xml file
when it needs to change.  But, it will allow you to have generic mail
ID's and forward to one or more actual recipients.  That way, 'support'
can forward to multiple people.  The down side of aliases is that there
can only be one alias for each mail account.

Just a thought.