james-server-user mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Mailet subproject
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 02:24:21 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>Hi, does it exists a sort of jamesMailet subproject?
>
> I've been trying to promote one.  I've asked that people interested in it
> please speak up.  The James Project Management Committee is amenable to the
> creation of a Mailet sub-project.  We want to know that there is sufficient
> interest.

I think one detractor to this though is that everything in this mailet
sub-project would have to be ASF licensed as well as address license
compabilibility with 3rd party libraries.  A listing service would not
have such restrictions and could promote commercial ones (should some
emerge).

> In the meantime, Danny has mailets.org.

Err, mailet.org (not mailets.org).

--