james-server-user mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Cryptix within a mailet
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 15:40:15 GMT
On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 11:30  AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I am trying to use cryptix Security Provider within a mailet. I am
> having trouble with the Phoenix JRE, which is not the same as the JRE
> of
> a standalone application.

It is the same, just some extra command-line parameters added :)

> In a standalone application I need to modify
> JRE/lib/security/java.security in order to add the CryptixCrypto
> Security Provider. I copy the cryptix .jar file to JRE/lib/ext as well.
>
> This does not work with James. I need to include the cryptix .jar file
> inside my james.sar file, and I need to register the CryptixCrypto
> Security Provider programmatically.
>
> Why are my JRE settings being ignored within Phoenix?
> Is there another way to add a Security Provider for a mailet?

Your lib/ext is being ignored because phoenix puts
"-Djava.ext.dirs=$PHOENIX_HOME/lib" on the command line for the JVM.
You should be able to put your jar in $PHOENIX_HOME/lib and have it
recognized by your application.

As for the java.security file, what all is in there? The only
"override" that may apply to that is:

-Djava.security.policy=jar:file:$PHOENIX_HOME/bin/phoenix-loader.jar!/
META-INF/java.policy

on the JVM command line. Can you remove that and have it work?

-pete