james-server-user mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RE : Using Cryptix within a mailet
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 16:58:54 GMT
On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 12:49  PM, Diego Castillo wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestions, but I still need to add the provider
> programmatically.
>
> Putting the .jar file in $PHOENIX_HOME/lib instead of
> james.sar!/SAR-INF/lib looks equivalent to me. This is not really an
> issue.

Does your line JRE/lib/security/java.security work if the jar is in
$PHOENIX_HOME/lib ?

My line of thinking is:

JVM starts up, reads java.security, sees your line, attempts to load
the provider via the classpath (including java.ext.dirs), and since the
class is not in the classpath, it bails.

So maybe by making the jar available in java.ext.dirs
($PHOENIX_HOME/lib), the line in java.security will take hold.
-pete