james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Koss" <michaelk...@email.com>
Subject Setup Problems
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 00:39:35 GMT
Hello. I am trying to install James for the first time and I am running into a slight problem.
I am running Win2K professional, JRE 1.4.1_02. I downloaded james-2.1.1.zip and unzipped it
into c:\java\james\james-2.1.1. I ran run.bat in the bin directory like the setup instructions
say to complete the setup but I encounter an exception when the SMTP is starting:

C:\java\james\james-2.1.1\bin>run
Using PHOENIX_HOME:   C:\java\james\james-2.1.1
Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: C:\java\james\james-2.1.1\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:      C:\java\sdk14102\jre\

Phoenix 4.0.1

James 2.1.1
Remote Manager Service started plain:4555
POP3 Service started plain:110
org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException: Component named
"smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason: java.net.
BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind).

It goes on and on from here, but this is the important part. The thing is, I don't have anything
running on port 25. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Michael.