james-server-user mailing list archives

From bo yang <b_y...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: RE : Newbie Question: Can't receive any mail even it was sent by myself on the same machine where server is running, but I can get mail at Hotmail sent by James server from the same machine
Date Sat, 03 May 2003 02:57:41 GMT
I tried to add a "valid" domain under the section you
mention , and it doesn't work either. One thing I do
not quite understand: Why I can just use james for my
LAN mail server, as long as I have DNS server for my
local network, I guess it should work? Why I have to
have a valid outside internet domain name in order to
just deliver my mail from this computer to another
computer in local network?

Is anybody out there may think my problem maybe some
other cause ?
I really need help to make the thing works for me.

Thanks,

by