james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Diego Castillo" <diego.casti...@inexbee.com>
Subject Using Cryptix within a mailet
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 14:38:54 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to use cryptix Security Provider within a mailet. I am
having trouble with the Phoenix JRE, which is not the same as the JRE of
a standalone application.

In a standalone application I need to modify
JRE/lib/security/java.security in order to add the CryptixCrypto
Security Provider. I copy the cryptix .jar file to JRE/lib/ext as well.

This does not work with James. I need to include the cryptix .jar file
inside my james.sar file, and I need to register the CryptixCrypto
Security Provider programmatically.

Why are my JRE settings being ignored within Phoenix?
Is there another way to add a Security Provider for a mailet?

The only Security Providers that I get by default are: SUN, SunJSSE,
SunRsaSign and SunJGSS. This does not correspond to my java.security
file. Which one is being used? My JVM is Sun 1.4.1_01 under W2K SP3.

Regards,

Diego