james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Jack" <jf123...@jinkmail.com>
Subject RE: James Newbie Question On Alias Management
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 16:13:42 GMT
>> What do you think that JDBCVirtualUserTable does?  It maps "virtual"
e-mail addresses to "real" addresses.  What would be the effect of
having a second table? <<

It looked to me that the intent of the JDBCVirtualUserTable was to
support virtual hosting; i.e. mapping e-mail addresses for multiple
domains to real user accounts. I didn't see its intended use as being
for alias support, which I always thought of as alias e-mail addresses
in the same domain mapped to a real address in that domain.

Just to clarify, are you suggesting the JDBCVirtualUserTable class, the
JamesUsersJdbcRepository class, or both classes be used to implement
support for multiple aliases?

Thanks for your help.

Jack