james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Jack" <jf123...@jinkmail.com>
Subject James Newbie Question On Alias Management
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 02:27:53 GMT
How can I configure James to manage multiple aliases and/or forwards?  I
see that there's a JamesUsersJdbcRepository class that allows for the
management of a single alias, but I don't see how multiple aliases can
be used.  In other words, I want the user account for
john.doe(at)acme.com to handle e-mail addressed to sales(at)acme.com,
info(at)acme.com and pricequote(at)acme.com.

Should I just use JamesUsersJdbcRepository and create a row for every
alias that then forwards to the real account?  That seems like it would
work, but it seems logically cleaner to have a separate alias table that
would be searched for a real user address.

I'm thrilled to see an open source Java mail server application.  James
looks very promising, but I'm still quite confused about its behavior.

Thanks for any guidance.

Jack