james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Marco" <mted...@jemos.org>
Subject RE: Setup Problems
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 11:15:42 GMT
What usually happens is that, after the first run, a folder called james
is created under /apps. Under james, you will find another folder called
SAR-INF which contains a configuration file called config.xml. First of
all you should configure this file and restart james.

Hope it will help,

Marco

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Koss [mailto:michaelkoss@email.com]
Sent: 04 May 2003 01:40
To: james-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Setup Problems

Hello. I am trying to install James for the first time and I am running
into a slight problem. I am running Win2K professional, JRE 1.4.1_02. I
downloaded james-2.1.1.zip and unzipped it into
c:\java\james\james-2.1.1. I ran run.bat in the bin directory like the
setup instructions say to complete the setup but I encounter an
exception when the SMTP is starting:

C:\java\james\james-2.1.1\bin>run
Using PHOENIX_HOME:   C:\java\james\james-2.1.1
Using PHOENIX_TMPDIR: C:\java\james\james-2.1.1\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:      C:\java\sdk14102\jre\

Phoenix 4.0.1

James 2.1.1
Remote Manager Service started plain:4555
POP3 Service started plain:110
org.apache.excalibur.containerkit.lifecycle.LifecycleException:
Component named
"smtpserver" failed to pass through the Initialization stage. (Reason:
java.net.
BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind).

It goes on and on from here, but this is the important part. The thing
is, I don't have anything running on port 25. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Michael.