james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: What Causes: IOException: Could not find message
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 18:28:52 GMT
> Well, this is my situation... I have potentially two instances of James
> using the same tables for reading/writing.

Hello!  There is no synchronization support in James for multiple instances
against the same repositories.  James uses internal mechanisms to
synchronize consumers.  I would bet that you are seeing a situation where
both spoolers pulled the same message from the spool to process, and the
second one is generating the error.

What you should do, IMO, is configure port forwarding from the old IP to the
new IP.  That would cover both SMTP and POP3.  Two ipchains or iptables
commands, and you'd be without these problems.

	--- Noel