james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: error_message and message_state
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 23:36:17 GMT
The message state contains the name of the current processor that is/will be
processing the message.  The error_message is used in the event of an error.

I would not recommend considering anything in the database schema to be
guaranteed across major versions of James, other than in terms of migration.
We already have plans that will change the schema, e.g., mail attributes,
and error_message is one of the likely things to change.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Wiseley [mailto:matt@openspoke.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 11:08
To: James Users List
Subject: error_message and message_state

Can someone explain how the "error_message" and "message_state" table
columns are used in JDBC message stores? Would these columns ever have any
data of interest to a client application reading the inbox table? I can't
seem to get them to have any values other than NULL and "root",
respectively.

Thanks,
Matt