james-server-user mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: What Causes: IOException: Could not find message
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 17:56:35 GMT
Kenny,

Never seen that message, but it is concerning that you are seeing it.  The
IOException could be more descriptive by telling you the message name (key)
that it was using, but basically it means that it did a query using the
message name and repository name, and got a bad response from:

 SELECT message_body FROM ${table} WHERE message_name = ? AND
repository_name = ?

you might want to check your database.

What appears to be happening is that James is being asked to store a message
that is already in a JDBC store (the spool) into a user inbox.  At the
particular point where the exception occurs, it is trying to open an input
stream on the message headers.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenny Smith [mailto:jakarta-james@journalscape.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 11:56
To: james-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: What Causes: IOException: Could not find message

I'm sending a mail through my new james install (moving to a new server
and trying to get it setup) and I'm getting this on the console where I
started james:

java.io.IOException: Could not find message
         at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.MimeMessageJDBCSource.getInputStream(MimeMes
sageJDBCSource.java:176)
         at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.writeTo(MimeMessageWrapper.java:287
)
         at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.writeTo(MimeMessageWrapper.java:321
)
         at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.writeTo(MimeMessageWrapper.java:311
)
         at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.store(JDBCMailRepository.
java:626)
         at org.apache.james.James.storeMail(James.java:848)

Any idea what causes that?

Kenny